Red Apple Cheese in this recipe:
Apple Smoked Gruyere Cheese
Time: 35 min cook / 10 min prep
- Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- ¼ lb prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Apple Smoked Gruyere Cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup white wine, dry
- Pound chicken into ¼ inch thick.
- When breasts are pounded thin, place a layer of prosciutto followed by some shredded cheese over each one, and roll each breast up. Fasten with toothpicks
- Melt the butter with the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken rolls and sauté, turning occasionally until golden all over.
- Add the wine to the skillet, turn the burner to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the rolls to a serving place, cover to keep warm.
- Turn the burner up to high and boil the liquid in the skillet hard for 5 minutes, to reduce. Spoon over rolls and serve.