Red Apple Cheese in this recipe:
Red Apple Smoked Provolone Cheese
Time: 10 min cook / 1 min prep
- 6 oz Red Apple Smoked Provolone Cheese (Log), thick slices
- Corn starch
- 1 oz olive oil
- 2 oz chimichurri sauce
- Pinch of oregano
- Cut a 1-inch thick slice of Red Apple Smoked Provolone cheese off the log. Allow to “dry” in refrigeration for 2 hours.
- Lightly coat each “face” or both end surfaces of the slice of cheese with corn starch.
- In a hot saute pan, add a drizzle of olive oil. Place the slice of cheese on one of its sides flat in the sautee pan. Without moving allow to cheese slice to fry slightly.
- Turn the cheese over to allow the other side to fry, as well. Once both sides have attained a golden-brown color remove from the pan, place on a baking sheet, and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for about 4 minutes (simply to soften the whole slice).
- Place fried cheese on a plate. Sprinkle with oregano, olive oil, and add some chimichurri sauce on one side to cascade off the cheese.