Red Apple Cheese in this recipe:
Apple Smoked Gouda Cheese
Time: 30 min cook / 30 min prep
- 1 cup bowtie pasta
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ onion, chopped finely (optional)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped up
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup Apple Smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- ½ – ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line baking dish (8×8) with foil & grease with butter.
- Boil a saucepan of water add pasta, cook until al dente. Drain off water and rinse under cold water.
- Melt butter in another pan over medium heat. Add garlic, onions, salt & pepper. Cook till onions soften.
- Add flour. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until blended. Cook on medium heat until the mixture thickens. Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Add cooked macaroni to the cheese sauce, stirring until well blended. Then pour it into the baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs. Bake at 350° F for 12-15 minutes or until bubbly. Serve hot.