Red Apple Cheese in this recipe:
Red Apple Organic Fontina Cheese
Time: 10 min cook / 5 min prep
- 16 slices cocktail pumpernickel bread
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 7 oz Red Apple Organic Fontina cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- 16 baby spinach leaves
- ½ sweet-tart apple (such as pink lady), thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- Spread mustard on 8 slices of bread; Put half of the cheese on bread, then spinach, and apple slices. Season with salt and pepper and top with remaining cheese and bread; butter the tops.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Put butter side down on the skillet, press firmly as the underside is toasted for about 2 minutes.
- Butter the tops, turn and cook until the second side is toasted and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Transfer sandwiches to a wire rack and let cool slightly. Cut each sandwich in half.