Red Apple Cheese in this recipe:
Naturally Good Kosher Extra-Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Time: 45 min cook / 10 min prep
- 6 cup speeled and sliced Bosc pears
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cuplight brown sugar, packed
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ½ cup shredded Naturally Good Kosher Extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Toss pears with lemon juice in a bowl. Combine 1/2 cup light brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and cloves together in a separate bowl. Add sugar mixture to pear mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle pear mixture with Cheddar cheese.
- Combine flour and 1/2 cup light brown sugar in a food processor; pulse to mix. Cut butter into flour mixture until crumb consistency. Sprinkle topping over the Cheddar cheese layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown, about 45 minutes.