Red Apple Cheese in this recipe:
Naturally Good Kosher Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Time: 30 min cook / 10 min prep
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ cup celery, minced
- ½ cup carrots, minced
- ½ cup onions, minced
- 4 tbsp flour
- 4 cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- 1 cup flat beer
- 4 oz Naturally Good Kosher Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- In a saucepan, saute celery, carrots, and onions in butter until soft but not browned. Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Slowly add chicken broth and mustard, whisking to blend in flour. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add Naturally Good Kosher Cheese, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, the Parmesan cheese & beer. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped chives. Best if made the night before to blend the flavors.