Red Apple Cheese in this recipe:
Red Apple Honey Sriracha Gouda
Time: 30 min cook / 40 min prep / overnightting needed
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 oz white onion
- 3 bay leaves each
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of white pepper
- 5 oz Red Apple Honey Sriracha Cheese
- 2 eggs each
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups of panko breading
- 4 oz prosciutto or serrano ham
For Dipping Sauce:
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add milk to form a roux (thickening agent). Cook the butter/flour mixture over medium heat for about 4 minutes, moving constantly so it doesn’t burn.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, onion piece, bay leaves, salt pepper, nutmeg until it reaches a simmer.
- Strain the milk to remove the solids, and return the strained milk to the stovetop. Continue to heat.
- At this point incorporate the roux into the milk with a whisk, stirring vigorously to ensure it mixes well. The mixture will be very thick.
- Add the shredded Red Apple Honey Sriracha cheese and diced prosciutto. Combine well. Cool the mixture overnight in refrigeration.
- Proceed by forming golf ball-sized portions of the mixture with your hands. Dip them in previously beaten eggs and then coat them in the panko bread crumbs. Repeat this process twice.
- Take the breaded croquettes and deep fry them in oil at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- Serve warm with a sriracha, honey, and mayonnaise dip.