Red Apple Cheese in this recipe:
Smoked Gruyere Cheese
Time: 30 min cook / 5 min prep
- 2 large white onions, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 thick slices French bread
- ¾ cup shredded Apple Smoked Gruyere Cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook Onions with oil, thyme, and sugar until onions are caramelized.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Deglaze with red wine and follow with beef broth
- Bring to a boil and add Worcestershire, Dijon, salt, and pepper then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Divide into 2 oven-safe bowls, top with bread, then shredded cheese.
- Put under broiler until cheese is melted and bubbling & serve immediately.