Red Apple Cheese in this recipe:
Red Apple Organic Havarti Cheese
Time: 20 min cook / 15 min prep
Ingredients for Hollandaise:
- 1 stick melted salted butter
- 1 large egg yolk, room temp
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sriracha
Ingredients for Muffin:
- 2 English muffin
- 1 cup Red Apple Organic Havarti, shredded
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, cooked
- 2 pats salted butter
- 2 poached eggs
- Chopped spring onions for garnish
- Make the base of your eggs benedict – the English muffin grilled cheese sandwiches. Slice English muffins in half and flip them inside out so the exterior becomes the interior of the sandwich. Add ¼ cup of shredded Havarti to two English muffin halves and top those halves with the cooked Canadian bacon and the rest of the cheese. Put the other halves of the English muffin on top, evenly add butter to the exteriors of the sandwich, and set-aside.
- In a medium pan or panini press, add the grilled cheese and turn the heat to medium. Check sandwiches every so often to make sure they don’t burn.
- Add egg yolk and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Slowly drip melted butter into the blender so the hot butter doesn’t cook the egg yolks and blend until the mixture is light and smooth. Stir in sriracha, season to taste – add salt and more lemon juice if necessary.
- Once the English muffin grilled cheese has been cooked on both sides and the exterior is golden brown with cheese melted, remove from heat, set on a plate.
- Top each sandwich with poached egg and then hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle onions on top and enjoy.