Red Apple Cheese in this recipe:
Skinny Cheese Fat-Free Sharp Cheddar
Time: 40 min cook / 20 min prep
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 (4 oz) cans whole green chili peppers, drained and sliced lengthwise
- 4 oz sliced Skinny Cheddar Cheese
- Italian dressing
- 1 tbsp white cooking wine
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Marinate chicken in Italian dressing, 30 minutes.
- Place chicken in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat until bubbling. Add Worcestershire sauce, wine & garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in mushrooms. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until mushrooms are tender about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oven. Top each breast with a slice of green chili and a slice of cheese. Return to the oven until cheese has melted. Then Remove chicken from the oven, top with mushrooms and their juices, and serve.